Johnny Manziel, AJ McCarron Plan Beach Vacation to Break Internet
Published on: April 29, 2013 | Written by: Clay Travis
In a summer vacation that would break the internet, Johnny Manziel and AJ McCarron are planning a beach trip to Cancun or Key West.
McCarron told USA Today, “We’re either going to Key West or Cancun and will hang out with our other friends. Me and him, we don’t ever let that (football talk) bother us. He’s a good friend of mine, and he’s a funny dude.”
If this trip happens, I'm quite confident the resulting page views when vacation trip photos hit OKTC will pay for one of my two kids to attend college.
Selfishly, I'm rooting for Cancun as the beach destination. But I'm not going to complain either way. After all, how can I complain about a trip that's destined to pay for at least one of my kid's college tuition?
Here are my thoughts and questions on the beach trip.
1. I think you have to choose Cancun over Key West because you're out of the country and the legal drinking age is 18.
Manziel, believe it or not, is still not 21. In fact, Manziel won't be 21 until December 6th of this year. I'm not going to pretend that he's not drinking -- Manziel's life is one long "Friday Night Lights" episode without the sad parts -- but Johnny actually does a good job not posing with alcohol in pictures. In Mexico the legal drinking age is 18. (Aka, if you have the money, we'll sell you the beer).
So there's no concern about any photos that are taken.
Plus, for McCarron's sake, there are much less likely to be Bama fans in Mexico since the vast majority of Bama fans do not have passports and consider Mexico to be "dirty."
2. Will the girlfriends be invited?
This is unclear.
My guess is no, but if they were invited and both attended, this would be the long awaited hottest girlfriend showdown. Who ya got, McCarron's girlfriend, Katherine Webb or Manziel's girlfriend, Sarah Savage?
We all win with this bikini battle, but Vegas has installed Sarah Savage as a +150 favorite.
3. Will AJ McCarron's full, newly reworked chest tattoo finally appear in all its glory on the Internet?
4. Will Johnny Manziel break out the Scooby Doo costume again?
Manziel is my favorite football player in SEC history and it was this photo that stole my heart.
5. How many beach boobs will AJ McCarron sign?
Over/under is 14.
And, by the way, that's McCarron signing boobs at Gallette's after the Missouri game last season.
6. How often will the hotness of AJ's mom be brought up in drunken joking?
Hell, has it already started?
I'm definitely picturing Manziel Tweeting McCarron and asking him to bring his mom too.
7. Will Uncle Verne or Brent Musburger be invited?
Could there be a more awesome picture than a drunken Manziel, McCarron, Uncle Verne, and Musburger at a Mexican beach bar?
What if they rode one of those banana boats together? In fact, can someone photoshop this picture for me, please?
8. In the inevitable game of two-hand touch beach football that emerges, who wins?
I'm going with Manziel's team because I don't believe it would be possible for anyone to actually get two hands on Manziel.
9. Odds Manziel and McCarron show up at the Mexican beach bar and Tyler Bray has already accepted a job there as a bartender?
10. Will Tim Tebow chaperone?
Now that Tebow's unemployed, he's got time.
Since Manziel is the anti-Tebow, could Kevin Sumlin and Nick Saban hire Tebow to keep an eye on things? And by "keep and eye on things," we mean, "stop anything fun from actually happening."
11. Can we turn this into a show on the SEC Network?
The SEC is announcing its new network with ESPN on Thursday.
No shows have yet been announced.
Why not send a camera crew to Mexico with AJ and Johnny?
Can you imagine the ratings you'd get on this show?
Make it happen.